Conveniently located to serve the areas of Santa Monica and Los Angeles
Wrinkles are a colloquial word. In dermatology we have:
- Rhytids: lines
- Folds: Areas of volume loss
Rhytids or wrinkles are further separated into:
- Dynamic: As a result of movement
- Static: The lines are there even at rest
The best wrinkle treatments have to address both lines and folds! While some chase fads of newest wrinkle treatments, dermatologists follow science for truly the best wrinkle treatments.
Years of science have shown the following facts:
- The most natural wrinkle treatment is sun protection! Wear hats, protective clothes and SPF. Prevent wrinkles.
- Other natural wrinkle treatments include good moisturizers (natural oils) as well as retinoids (Vitamin A derivatives).
Dynamic wrinkles need a neuromodulator to relax the muscles. Botox, Xeomin and Dysport are the best wrinkle treatments for dynamic wrinkles.