Are you looking for skincare advice for 30 year olds? In this article, Dr. Kormeili provides tips for how to care for your skin when your 30 something and above.
As we get older our skin changes – yes it ages! Dr. Kormeili’s patients always say, “I hate growing old!” However, consider this: Dying young is not so hot either!
There are so many things we can do to age gracefully and protect our skin, the largest organ in the body. Around the age of 30, our production of collagen and elastin is decreased, rendering us very vulnerable to looking “old!”
Skincare tips for 30 year olds:
Right around the age of 30 we stop making as much collagen. As a result, we begin to lose that fullness and our skin beginning to wrinkle and sag.
1) Sun protection: We can’t stress this enough! Your skin is the largest organ in your body so you need to take care of it. Sun damage not only puts you at risk for skin cancers but also makes your skin look older. Check out the new SPF regulations and if you are looking for fun flirty ways to practice sun safety, you’ll love our Lotion Sutra!
2) Retinoids: Dermatologists can provide you with prescription-strength retinoids that help build collagen in the skin.
3) Exfoliation: Next, we want to get rid of dead skin and we do this by using chemical peels. Your dermatologist will help you decide on the right chemical peel based on your skin type and what you’re trying to do.
4) Lasers: Additionally, lasers can help boost collagen production. Such as the Fraxel laser. The collagen production happens naturally and over time.
5) Fillers: Finally, Dr. Kormeii can use fillers to help restore volume in the skin. By putting the volume back we look more youthful, naturally.
The best part of skin care for 30-year-olds is how preventative it can be. Take steps to maintain your youthful appearance.
We hope you enjoyed this tip on skin care for 30-year-olds, you may also enjoy sagging eyebrows and non-surgical brow lifts.
To schedule a cosmetic consultation, please contact us.